Sunday, December 21, 2014

They really know how to throw a party in the Philippines!


Hello Family!

Let me just start by telling you all that Christmas in the Philippines is the best. Holy moly!! I LOVE it!! We had our ward Christmas party on Saturday from 2pm-7pm. Talk about a party. We had games, a devotional, presentations, a play, gift exchanges, and shemps TONS of food! On Friday Sister Skey and I stopped at the church to meet the ward missionaries that would be working with us when we saw a bunch of people from our warding setting up for the party and Sister Pedrola came up to me and handed me a piece of paper and said "Thank you so much for doing this! You'll be amazing!" Wait, what? They wanted me to sing O Holy Night for the play. I learned it right then and there and then performed it at the Christmas party. I messed up 3 times, but they loved it! And many told me they felt the spirit, and that's what I really wanted to do so score :) The performances were hilarious. The relief society did a dance to All I want for Christmas is you and it rocked. (I have all of the performances on film!) All of the missionaries sang Love at Home. Elder Maguale, who is in my zone, taught me a fun version of the song so we did that and the ward LOVED it! They all clapped with us and it was awesome.


Sister Skey and I opened the AWESOME presents that Grandma Worthington gave us, and we decided to wear our new shirts to the Christmas party, and we looked as cute as ever if I do say so myself ;) Thank you Grandma!


Mom, the Sarmientos are doing great. Their house is really coming along. We are teaching lots, it's just been harder since the typhoon. Also we were in Tacloban for 2 days this week for mission tour.


Bishop gave us a referral this week (referrals are the best). It's a family of four, Katrina, Jay and their 2 kids Jake and Genesis. Jake is 4, and Genesis is 11 months. They are the sweetest people. They have come to church, and they attended the Ward Christmas party :) I taught them how to pray this last week and afterwards I asked Jay if he could offer a prayer. We all kneeled on the floor in their tiny home and he offered a sweet and simple prayer. It was sweet and simple, yet it was so powerful. The spirit was amazing! I love teaching our investigators how to pray! We are going over tonight to give them a book of Mormon. They asked for one before we could tell them about it! I'm excited!

I'm so grateful that I get to be here in the Philippines during Christmas time, especially as a missionary. Christmas here is huge, and the ward has been so sweet to the missionaries! We have dinner appointments on Christmas Eve and Christmas! I hope you all remember the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ during this time, and try to become more like Him as He is the perfect example to us all. I know this gospel is true. I love it with all of my heart. Richard G. Scott said, "The message of the restored gospel is the best gift we can give, and the best gift we can receive!" It's so true! I love sharing the gospel with the people of the Philippines! Have a Merry Christmas everyone! I love you all!


Sister Wilde

Mom and Dad, I can't wait to skype with you and see your gwapa (beautiful) qwapo (handsome) faces soon! I love you both tons!!  LOVES.


Mission tour. Catbalogan, Borongan, Catarman, Tolosa, and Tacloban Zones.
We all did the 12 Days of Christmas. Can you guess what our zone was?

...and a partridge in a pear tree!
Catarman 1st Ward Christmas Party





Wearing our matching shirts from Grandma Worthington! We love them!

Sister Burton and I taking a selfie


No comments:

Post a Comment