Sunday, February 8, 2015

We are never alone

I have to start off by saying...HAPPY BIRTHDAY KADEN! I LOVE YOU! I can't believe you are 18! You are now officially missionary age and I can't even begin to explain how excited I am for you to go on a mission yourself and experience the many great things Heavenly Father has in store for you. I also know that there are people out there waiting to hear this gospel from you! Have a great Birthday Kade :)

This week! We went to Tacloban which is a 7 hour van ride. I'm sure I have mentioned this before, but this 7 hour van ride was a rough one. Our driver was crazy and the roads are extra bumpy from construction due to damage done from the typhoon. We got to Tacloban Tuesday night and you will never guess what I got to eat....MCDONALDS. Yes. McDonalds. The best day ever ;) I got up and ordered my Chicken Nugget meal then he asked me, "Would you like rice or fries?" Um...fries! I was a little confused by the question! Only in the Philippines :) We then had our Sisters training meeting on Wednesday and it was AMAZING! I loved every minute of it! We even had the opportunity to watch the movie "Meet the Mormons". We watched the couple who lives in Costa Rica, and then the Missionary Mom. Yes, I bawled. It was just so good and it reminded me of my sweet family and of course my Mom, who is my best friend!! We focused on the talk that Elder Dallin H. Oaks gave this last General Conference, “Loving Others and Living with Differences”. I read it at least 7 times and every time I was able to mark something else I liked or learn something new from what I already had marked. It is a great talk! I would definitely encourage you all to read and study it!

We got home late Wednesday night and I woke up in the middle of the night freezing cold which is really weird, so in the morning when nothing changed we realized I had a fever of 104.3. Woah. I don't think I have ever had a fever that high before! So I wasn't able to work Thursday or Friday :( Saturday I was determined! I prayed that I would be able to work and we worked from 10am to 8pm nonstop! Grabe it was the best feeling in the world to be able to go to all of our area and see the people I love! We had taught 2 of our investigators (Lyka and Rosalie) when the prompting came to stop by a member family’s home that was nearby, the Mangadtos. They are the sweetest. We went over and Sister Mangadto was so happy to see us. She is the cutest little old lady. Brother Mangadto had left to their farm we found out while we were talking with her when all of the sudden he came through the door! He sat down and I asked if it was okay if we shared a message. I had the prompting to share a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants about Angels among us and to share an experience I had last week when I wasn't able to walk. I know I didn't walk by myself. It was as though I had someone on my left and someone on my right to help me walk. I get chills every time I think about it. Sister and Brother Mangadto cried with me (how could I not be a little emotional?) as well as Sister Talataina. After our lesson Brother Mangadto said he was the only one on the tricycle going to the farm when he had the thought to have the driver turn around and go back home. He said he knew it was because the missionaries were at his home and he needed to hear from them. I love that as a missionary I can not only help Investigators, Less Actives, Recent Converts, but also members of our ward. What a sweet experience it was :)

We taught Mark Gundaya later that night and we taught him how to pray! His lessons are always interesting because there are 8 kids 9 and under. CrAzY! I love it though! We had to teach him the steps at least 12 times, but he eventually remembered and even prayed after the lesson! Yay! His parents are Less Actives and so we are working with them as well. They are sweet people :) His Mom said she will even help him to pray and pray herself!

The Gabiana kids have been to church 14 times in a row so they are right on track to being baptized! I love them so much! I always tell them how proud of them I am and they say "Yeah we know we are happy that we will get to be members soon!" Such good kids! I've been teaching them since I first arrived here in the mission field and they call me "Ate" which means Older Sister.

Yes, the last few weeks have been challenging, but I have learned so much and I'm so thankful for our loving Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ who have been helping me every step of the way.

I love you all! Have a great week!


Love,
Sister Wilde

Sister Maurer and I! We were both laughing in this picture because of President! He's a crack up! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my Mission President and his amazing Wife?!
Eating McDonalds!

Candy watches! Yummy!
Saw this cool little bird!
A playground here in the Philippines
Here are some homes that we saw on our way to Tacloban.
And this is the runway which we go through everyday to get to our area.

No comments:

Post a Comment