Sunday, April 12, 2015

Say hello to my new companion!



Hello everyone! This week has been a great one! :) It has been fun introducing my new companion, Sister Minoza, to everyone and teaching her waray waray. She is from Cebu and she's been speaking Cebuano her whole mission except for now so it has been an adventure ;)

We had the opportunity to teach Jeralyn’s husband Leonardo. We taught him the Restoration and he listened intently and asked questions. When we started the lesson their neighbor was doing karaoke (it wasn't good by the way) and it was SO loud. I prayed that we would be able to have the spirit to be with us and that the music would stop. After we sang and prayed during the lesson it was silent and the spirit really was there. After we finished and prayed the music was loud and in the middle of a song and I realized that the music had  never really stopped, but we were able to tune it out as we taught and had the spirit there :) It was awesome.

We taught Sister Sheryll the word of wisdom this last week and she said she loves coffee and drinks it 4-5 times a day. We committed her to stop drinking it slowly but surely and that thorough reading the book of Mormon and praying she would overcome her desire to drink it. When we went last night she told us she's only had it twice in the last 2 days. She is really trying. She is amazing!

Sister Santa is doing great, and is being a missionary herself :) She introduced us to her neighbor Joan, who is now a new investigator and is loving our message. She has a 12 year old girl and a 4 month old girl :) Her husband was not there when we taught her the first time but she wants him there the next time :) I'll keep you all updated!

Now, GENERAL CONFERENCE! I LOVED it! I feel so weird that I'm a week behind you all! But I learned so much and wanted to share just a few things that I really liked. I don't have time to share them all! Henry B. Eyring’s talk on fasting was so powerful and when he said fast offering does more than clothe and feed bodies, it changes and heals hearts, I thought of here in the Philippines of course and how generous fast offerings from faithful members of the church have blessed so many lives. So please obey the law of the fast and give what you can when it comes to fast offerings. I also liked Michael T. Ringwood’s talk when he talked about not focusing on titles. I hope that we all make good choices and serve others not so we are recognized or gain a reward, but because we have the desire to follow the example of Jesus Christ and return to live with Him and our Father in Heaven again someday. And I loved Thomas S. Monson’s talk about the Temple. I honestly miss the Temple and took advantage of it at home which is something I regret. PLEASE take the time to go to the Temple! It will bless your lives tremendously! I'm so thankful for the messages that were shared and the spirit that I felt during General Conference and I hope you all had your own special experience :) I can't wait until October :)

I love you all, make this next week a good one :)

Love,
Sister Wilde

Just another day with my best friends. I LOVE them. Are they not the cutest?!?
Girls night before transfers!


Carigara Zone!!
Saw my batch on transfer day! :):) Don't mind how red I am. I told you all I got burned pretty bad :)
Elder Maguales mom made me this keychain! I LOVE it! Sorry it's not a very good picture!
Lechon Baboy! So yummy!
Sister Santa's sassy little girl J.M. She is so funny. This is our attempted selfie.
BBQ with Sister Santa which is the best! :)
Me with my new companion Sister Minoza
This is our water that needs to last us this next week because water in Carigara will be shut off today until Saturday! Challenge accepted!
The Philippines is a beautiful place!

No comments:

Post a Comment