Monday, April 20, 2015

Work, Party, and Eat Crab!

Hello Family,

So let me just start off by saying I LOVE hearing from my cute family every week and seeing their faces in pictures! Everyone is looking so big! Like Tate!! Holy moly! Everyone needs to stop growing up! ;)

This week we had somewhat of a miracle happen. We have a less active family, the Bardiagos, and we discovered that Brother is having a problem with Cigarettes. We have been visiting them and trying to know how we can best help them. We've been praying for them constantly and while Sister Minoza and I were out working I had the prompting to go to their house. We didn't plan to visit them that day and at the time Brother would usually be at work (Petty cab driver) but I didn't hesitate to tell Sister Minoza we should go. We went in and the spirit really directed the lesson and we talked about the Word of Wisdom and brother admitted his problem to us and we have come up with a plan for him which includes eating his favorite candy when he wants a cigarette. He is doing so well! I am so proud of him.

Thursday can be described in one word, PUNTED. But hey, that's missionary life, it happens! After being punted 4 times in a row (at this point I feel like I just got out of the shower because of sweat. (Have I mentioned that it is SO HOT? Because it is!) We went to Gloria’s and found out it was her 77th birthday! We ended up buying lechon manok and ice cream and took it over to her and we had a mini celebration! (which included my BFF’s because they are her granddaughters :)) The smile on her face was priceless! It was something so simple but she just loved every minute of it!

We taught Sheryll this week and she really has a desire to be baptized but is nervous because Jerric (boyfriend-they aren't yet married) has been Less Active for so long and doesn't want to go with her to church because he is always busy with his work. (They have 2 daughters who are active in Primary) Missionaries have been going to their home for so long and she would always just entertain them because she felt bad just turning them away. From our first lesson with her I knew she was ready and that she wouldn't just entertain us. I could feel and still do that now is her time. She came to church this last Sunday and when I saw her I gave her the biggest hug and said I was so happy she was here but most importantly Heavenly Father was so happy. She started to cry because Jerric wasn't with her but she knows someday he will return. We are working with Jerric to return and also working with them to get married so that Sheryll can be baptized :) She's amazing! I will keep you all updated :)

Yesterday I attended my first funeral in the mission field. One of our members, named Julie, age 34, with 4 primary age children, passed away unexpectedly from a heart attack. During the funeral her husband got up and through tears said, "If I didn't know about this gospel, about Heavenly Fathers plan for us, I would be sadder than I am now.  I miss my sweet wife, and I always will, but I'm so thankful we are sealed in the temple and that I get to be with her again, for time and all eternity." It brought tears to my eyes as gratitude filled my heart because of the perfect plan Heavenly Father has for us. How thankful I am that through the Temple, we get to be with our families for time and all eternity.

Sending my love always!
Love,
Sister Wilde
Standing on the back of a petty cab is way more fun than riding on the inside! :)
This sweet girl reads to me in Tagalog from an English book every time we visit them which I really enjoy :)
We bought crabs this week which were alive! I had to hold the lid down on our pot while boiling them because they were trying to get out. I felt kind of bad but hey, they are delicious!
Sister Minoza forgot her umbrella so a rad did they trick. All of my Filipina companions do this. They hate the sun.
Celebrating Gloria's Birthday!!

BFF's

Sister Minoza and I
Santa's son! We call him "baby Ed" he is adorable and hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment