Sunday, April 26, 2015

Whistle why you work!

Hello Family,

This week can be described in one work...SICK. Pero, surprise it's not me! It's my companion. Sayang. She has an ulcer and so she's now taking medication to help her out and it actually makes her really sleepy so that has been interesting. So since she has been sleeping a lot I've been reading the Book of Mormon and Preach my Gospel, as well as doing a little bit of cleaning, and also Laba. I never liked washing my clothes but I can now say I enjoy it! Yeah, it's hard and it took me 6 months to enjoy it but now I do :)

We had interviews with President Maurer and a check up with Sister Maurer on Friday which was great! I really have the most amazing Mission President and oh how I love his sweet wife! They are the best :) President and I were able to have a great interview and he never fails to make me laugh. Especially when he uses some waray waray/tagalog words randomly. Too good.

Remember last week how I told you about a member in our ward passing away? Well it turns out they had 2 more funerals for her this week. (I'm still learning how they do things here.) Wednesday morning was the final funeral and our Bishop asked us missionaries if we could do 2 musical numbers. We were happy to help out. We sing and pray then they announce that I, yes SISTER WILDE will be speaking. Oh my goodness. I would expect to be called up in Sacrament meeting, gospel principles, transfer meetings, zone training meetings, but a funeral? Wasn't expecting that. I was SO nervous but I got up and shared Mosiah 24:13-14 and talked about how our Heavenly Father has a perfect plan for us and how He will always comfort us and that through the Atonement we can receive that peace, love, and comfort. I don't remember all that I said, but the spirit was really guiding me. As I looked at the children looking at their mom who had passed on, I could feel the love Heavenly Father has for them, even her 2 month old baby. He may not have the opportunity to be with his mother in this life, but he will in the next and how sweet their reunion will be.

So I have a funny story. Well at least it's funny to me. Sister Minoza fell asleep around 2:30 in the afternoon on Thursday and man she just wouldn't wake up. And here it gets dark around 6 so I decided to change the clock so when she woke up it would be a different time. I changed it to 11:15pm. She woke up around 6:30 and I told her, "Wow you really slept for a long time!" She's all, "What time is it?" I said it's 11:15! She then has a mini panic attack and is all, "Really? Oh my gosh. Why aren't you asleep then??" (Clearly I didn't think this through. Bedtime is 10:30.) I told her I couldn't sleep I don't know why. She then could hear people yelling and playing basketball. I told her our neighbors were having a party and not to open the door because it could be dangerous. (haha what? I'm so dumb) She BELIEVED me. Hahaha oh my goodness the look on her face was priceless and finally 45 minutes later I told her the real time. It probably doesn't even sound funny at all but I promise it was.
I'm really excited to get back to work this week! I hope you all have an amazing week! Sending my love!

Love,
Sister Wilde

PS It was National Community Service day at the LGU. It was so much fun!

Elder Wheeler (My Zone Leader) and Elder Huges (AP) and I. These Elders are the best! Talk about amazing missionaries! They have taught me so much!
National Community Service = lots of Cleaning!!
Elder Carlton (batch) and Elder Magtanum!
Elder Wheeler and Elder Burton. You don't want to mess with them ;)
Could Sister Vallestero be any cuter? Love her!
It is so much fun being with my batch! (Elder Means)
I just love the people in my ward!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment