Monday, September 7, 2015

1 year on the mission and 20 years old!!

Hello all! This week was a different one and somewhat special one since it was my 20th Birthday and my year mark in the Mission field! I remember last year waking up and receiving many birthday calls (some included tears) and preparing myself to go into the Provo MTC.  I was so nervous, yet so excited to start a new chapter of my life, serving as a full time missionary. I remember the hugs, goodbyes, and of course the pictures (thanks mom) and I was off! I met my first companion and heard Cebuano for the first time and I wanted to cry. But now here I am, one year in the Philippines serving as a full time missionary, speaking Cebuano, and loving every single minute of it. The more I am here, the more I love the people and this crazy beautiful country!

We started out my birthday by visiting one of our investigators Larcie. We taught about temples and Eternal Marriage and the spirit was awesome. We could really see the desire in her eyes to make it to the Temple someday so that she could be with her family forever. We then taught another one of our investigators Mary Rose. She is a funny lady so she is always laughing and joking around but during this lesson as we taught about faith, we could really see the spirit working in that moment and it was a cool thing to see. After that we went to Mang Inasal for lunch where I got my halo halo and it was yummy :) We then had our weekly planning session and taught a recent convert, Romalyn, that night about the importance of prayer. We ended my birthday by eating a Reese’s sundae and french fries at Jollibee. (The best way to describe Jollibee is it's a Filipino McDonalds.)

We had Zone Training meeting on Friday and we had a great training from our Zone Leaders Elder Pole'o and Elder Griffin! I always love ZTM and getting training from our mission leaders.

Thank you all again for the birthday wishes, I appreciate it and I hope you all have a great week! Sending my love!!

Love,
Sister Wilde

I love Sister Brereton!! We are FINALLY in the same zone!!

BATCH. Yes, Elder Means and I transferred to the same zone. So funny.
We got some sweet Zone t-shirts. This is the front.
This is the back.
Ormoc Zone. Sorry this picture is a fail.
Elder Griffin and I are finally in the same zone!
My district!
During the STL's training at the ZTM. Hahaha
Yay for being 20, having messy hair, sweating A LOT, and eating my favorite halo halo :)
A surprise from my STL's!

My birthday card from Sister Pangilinan

A rice field. They actually harvested it, so darn it I should have taken a picture sooner! This is taken in about the middle of the field.
This little fruit here, longan, is delicious! Thought I would show you the process ;) I think it is magazine worthy.
Sleeping Beauty!
The Peregrino girls.
They are so adorable!
Sister Peregrino made this sagging for me and it was AMAZING! I loved them and I love her.

We had a foot spa. It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment