Sunday, September 27, 2015

Attitude changes everything!

Hello everyone!! This has been an awesome week! Every week is an awesome week because I am a missionary but this week started off really awesome because my new companion is Sister Rodrigo!! Do you remember her? She was one of the first sisters I met on my mission and we got to be in a threesome twice before with Sister Skey while I was in my training. We have always stayed in touch throughout our missions and I have the opportunity of being her last companion!!! Yes, she will be going home on November 4th. We are so excited to be companions and have had great success this week :)

Something I have really learned this week is attitude changes EVERYTHING. I haven't been having the best attitude about this area (Sad to admit it) due to the fact that it is huge and not much progression. I was also feeling nervous getting a new companion because I thought I was just going to be lost all the time and that she wouldn't want to be here either. Well through prayers and study I realized I needed to change my attitude, and get to work. Not that I wasn't working before, but I needed to approach it differently. As I did this, I didn't get lost, we found 12 new investigators within 4 days (including a family!!) and saw great change in our investigators, less actives, and recent converts. Sister Rodrigo is also a great companion who also has the desire to see the changes made in this area. We always pray for a positive attitude and we always make each other laugh and enjoy working together.

This last week was also family week which is awesome! There was an activity held every day for families to do together and the big focus was on the importance of Family Home Evening. I was inspired by the messages shared and the experiences as well about the importance of family home evening and I hope we can all make the effort and have family home evening every Monday night. Great blessings will come and our families will grow closer together :)

One of our new investigators Henry met with missionaries before Yolanda but has not had contact with any since! (Just like the Gonzales family) He was so happy to have us meet with him and we discovered he had stopped drinking and smoking because it didn't feel good. It is so amazing to see how Heavenly Father has been preparing him. We cannot wait to continue to help and teach him.

Mary Ann is doing really amazing and she prayed about Joseph Smith and our message and said the feeling was "nidot kaayo" (really cool) and knows our Church is true. She is also reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it and she was concerned that she wasn't understanding it all but then told us about all of chapter one by memory! She is great! The Book of Mormon is so powerful and without it, we couldn't have the church today. It has made a big impact and change in my life and I have seen the difference it has made in others. Elder Boyd K. Packer said, "In a world ever more dangerous, the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ has the nourishing power to heal starving spirits of the world." It is my hope and prayer that we all read the Book of Mormon everyday!

I love and pray for you all! Amping Kanunay :)

Sister Wilde
Running into Elder Cotcher again during transfers
We wear pink ;)
Still can't believe we are companions!!! :)
We played What not to wear while Sister Pangilinan and Sister Papasin were packing for transfers. Who is your vote to see Stacy and Clinton in New York City?
Stylin'
This is the board in the mission office and Sister Dumale and I are on it! (We are in the black and white photo)
Elder Fakava and Elder Simona. They are hilarious and it always amazes us missionaries to see how much they eat!
This lady has an AMAZING voice! We asked her to sing for us since we found out she was in a band and sang in Saudi and she said, "Ah, no I am shy sisters" then she pulled out all of this equipment. Haha okay cool deal!
Found this spider in our window with her egg sack! Ewww! but normal.
Henry has HUGE roosters and they actually kinda scare me.

No comments:

Post a Comment