Sunday, November 8, 2015

Oh Rats!!

Rats, snakes, rice fields, coconuts, mud, and rain. I love my mission.

This week Sister Cailing and I did a lot of finding!! Because well, we weren't left with very many people to teach in our Area Book which has been a real challenge! We were able to find 7 new investigators after being denied 100 times! (Not really 100 but you know what I mean) Anyway, it has been a great learning experience and I always love teaching the Restoration of the Gospel :) We found a cute couple with 2 little kids and as we started to share with them, we said, "We know that our families can be together forever." And the smile on that sweet sisters face was priceless! Also sharing the first vision with 2 sisters, seeing the spirit work on them was awesome. And they are eager for us to return!

I also wanted to inform you all that I mentioned to Elder Anderson at transfer day about Rats and he gave me a rat trap! Sweet! The Sisters kept telling me it was so sad and they kept trying to use the whole "Thou shalt not kill" thing on me but I am terrified of these rats and they have got to go! Well, we totally caught one! It was so gross and not one of the big ones! (It's okay, there is still time) Anyway, we had to drown it and dispose of it. Well Filipinos are really superstitious and they kept telling me that the rats were going to get revenge on us and were scared. Well coming home that night with Sister Bernabe (we were on exchanges) we heard a bunch of things falling in the bathroom and found a BIG rat!!! I start screaming because it runs out at us! I jump up on the chair which doesn't really matter because they can climb like a monkey. (EW) But it runs behind some boxes and so Sister Bernabe and I take the opportunity to run upstairs but it chases us. Yes, IT CHASED US. I am just screaming and Sister Bernabe is also screaming but trying to hit it down with her bag. We ended up staying in my room for 20 minutes waiting for the other Sisters to come home because we were scared. What an experience. Was that revenge?

Next week I will send more pictures with a longer email, sorry this weeks is so short! But I did just email last Wednesday ;) I love you all and hope you are doing great! Read the Book of Mormon, Pray, and watch out for rats ;)

Love,
Sister Wilde

Sister Bernabe isn't too scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment