Monday, December 21, 2015

He is the reason for the season.


Hello my sweet family and friends :) I feel like I just emailed you all, but that's okay with me!! This last week has been fun because everything is new to Sister Lopez! She is always saying, "Ah this is so cool!" and "I love this place!" It is so different from her other areas that it has been fun for me to see the shock on her face when we cross the river and walk through rice fields :)

We had exchanges this week with Sister Lunar and Sister Culangan. Sister Culangan is actually in my going home batch too! We were companions and worked in our area. She is seriously so funny and I loved working with her. Even though we were punted all day, she had a big smile on her face and a positive attitude. I always learn from the sisters I get to go on exchanges with and I learned to always have a positive attitude even when things are going wrong and you want to feel upset and frustrated from Sister Culangan :)

We made sure we were at the church early on Sunday to greet the members and keep an eye out for our investigators that committed to come to church. I always find myself having anxiety every Sunday waiting at the church for our investigators! Because we pray so hard and do all we can to get them to church because we know how much it will bless their lives and help them progress in the gospel. Well our Bishop called us in for a meeting before sacrament meeting started because we now have 6 missionaries in the ward I am in! The most missionaries I've had in one ward in my mission is 4 so this is nindot! After our meeting sacrament was about to start so we walked into the sacrament hall feeling disappointment because none of our investigators were there :( We sat down and I said a prayer in my heart still hoping they would come. As the opening hymn started Sonny, Marita, Angeline, and Irish all walked in and sat next to us! They all came to church!!! Last week just Marita came but his time, they all did. We ended up having 7 investigators at church which is the best I've had here in Ormoc! SO HAPPY! I'm so thankful to Heavenly Father for helping them come to church! We taught them later that night and they said they loved church and can't wait for next week! They have also started a savings so they can be married and then baptized! We love them!

As Christmas is approaching I hope we all remember the birth of our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ. 2 Nephi 19:6- "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." He lives my dear family and friends. He knows us. He loves us. It is through His Atonement that we can be cleansed from our sins, and have true joy and peace in our lives. Remember Him always. Not just this Christmas season, but every day. I feel so blessed to be serving Him, and wearing His name over my heart every day.
Have a Merry Christmas!! He is the reason for the season! I love you all :)

Love,
Sister Wilde

Sorry for the crazy hair and haggard face but I guess you could say that this is what hard work looks like ;) Actually it's just what living in the Philippines looks like ;)
This puppy was the cutest thing. Made me miss Gracie!
Celebrated Sister Lunars birthday!! She turned 23 but we say 13 :) We love our our primary sister!!
And shout out to my mom for the birthday supplies ;)
And here's Coco! I fed him another banana the other day. We are almost friends!
My anak, Sister Dumale, just emailed me this picture of her and her anak!! Yes, I have an apo (grandchild) They are adorable and I'm so proud she is training a new missionary. I am officially a Lola (grandma) here in the mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment