Monday, December 28, 2015

My second Christmas in the Philippines!


I hope that everyone back home had a wonderful Christmas this last week!! My Christmas was great spent with my Filipino families and the love of Christ filling every home we were able to visit. Being a missionary is the best, especially when it's Christmas :)

This week was full of great events! I'll go ahead and share them with you :)

Wednesday we had our Christmas Conference! It was held here in Ormoc with Maasin, Carigara, Sogod, and Biliran zones! It's always fun when zones join together in the celebration :) We were able to feel of the spirit and enjoy some fun Christmas games and musical performances! It was so much fun and everyone left with a Christmas gift! So nindot.

Thursday I got to Skype my family!!!!! THE BEST GIFT EVER. Everyone looks so different but so happy which really makes me happy!! I laughed and cried and just enjoyed seeing your cute faces and hearing your voices. (I'm still in denial with how deep Carters voice is.) I am so blessed to have an amazing family! I love that I get to be with you for time and all eternity :)

Friday was Christmas!! We treated it like any other normal day but really wanted to focus on sharing the true spirit of Christmas. Well many people were drunk and singing loud karaoke so that didn't go as planned but we ate so much from the members and visited Sunny and Marita! They are really progressing!! They came to church again this Sunday and have a savings so they can get married! They are sharing the gospel with their family and friends and even brought Maritas 19 year old cousin to church who told us last night he loved church and wants to be a missionary someday like us! We are teaching him with Sunny and Marita and can really see the changes they have made and are making in their lives.

Saturday was our ward Christmas party! I love Ormoc 1st ward!! It was full of spiritual messages, games, musical/dance presentations, food, and more! They weren't sure if they would do a lechon baboy (roasted pig) but I joked with them that I was going home so darn it I wouldn't get lechon for Christmas! And what did they do? Got lechon and made sure to give me a big plate full! Haha I love them!!

I hope all is well and that you are all enjoying the cold snow! I am not looking forward to having that again! I am loving this weather and enjoying the Christmas palm trees :)

I love you all!! Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Still can't believe we are almost into 2016!!

Love,
Sister Wilde 

Our Christmas Stockings!!
Christmas!
Thank you Connie and Ron for our cute Christmas tree!!
It's Christmas in our bedroom!

Even though I'm in the mission, I still get to wear new Christmas pajamas on Christmas Eve! Thanks Mom! :)
Christmas jammies!
We loved Christmas!!
Our first Christmas tree before we got the one that Connie and Ron sent! Impressive? :)
Ward Christmas Party!
Sister Lopez and I at our ward Christmas party!
FHE with the Jardin family!! :)
Had FHE at the Bishop's house and thought of dad as we had a beautiful presentation playing the recorder ;)
Christmas Conference!

Elder Fehoko!
Sister Maurer and her daughter asked for my help to catch a tricycle! I had to steal a picture because they are adorable!!
Elder Utai is so good at drawing! He whipped this out in 3 minutes.
These pictures were taken at the Christmas Conference and Sister Maurer posted them on the mission FB page. We feel so blessed to have such an amazing mission president and his wife looking out for our girl. She loves them both so much!!



No comments:

Post a Comment