Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Through Christ all things are possible

Hello my dear family and friends!

Kamusta kamo?? Maayo man ako :) Grabe this last week can be explained in one word. Rejected. I thought I knew what being rejected felt like but this week proved me wrong. This whole week we were punted and nobody would accept us. We were talking to everyone we saw and going to every house and either no one was there, they hid from us, they told us to go away, or said to come back. The ones that told us to come back later then said no or were not there. It was not a good feeling and we were really feeling discouraged. Then I remembered my ponderize scripture for last week in Alma 26:27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success. It helped me to not turn back, even if my heart was depressed but to keep going. Don't give up. Even though this week was hard, Jesus Christ was with us every step of the way.

I got to go back to Carigara again this week on exchanges!! I was with Sister Neemia.She is from Samoa and has been here for almost 6 weeks now! It was so much fun being with her and it reminded me when I was in my 12 week training, especially when it came to the language. She is seriously amazing and she has the best first area :) I also got to meet some new people which made me so happy because that means the work there is progressing :)

I also had the opportunity to go on exchanges with Sister Malu!! Yes, my best friend. We had a blast! But in a good way! We were able to go out and work, experience rejection, but also experience successful lessons :) It's always the best spending time with your best friend, and when you're both missionaries in a foreign country, speaking a foreign language, and sweating a lot, it makes it all the better :)

So Nanay ningning is seriously the cutest thing and is so prepared to receive the gospel, as well as her daughter. They are so open and have been reading the Book of Mormon and praying every day!! Yes!! The only thing is church, as they had something come up this last Monday but nanay almost started to cry because she didn't come to church but she is determined to come this Sunday no matter what! We can really see her desire to change and start a new life. She asked us for pictures of Jesus Christ and scriptures/quotes that she can put in her home and on her front door to help her overcome temptation and show everyone she is a Mormon. Haha she is adorable and is telling everyone she is a Mormon.

We had a unique experience this week with one of our investigators who I won't name due to privacy. But when we got to her home, we weren't sure what to teach. We both knew we wouldn't be teaching the lesson we had planned. (Priesthood) We saw an ash tray of cigarettes and the thought Word of Wisdom came to mind but then thought that would be chastisement. The thought kept coming into my mind and I really didn't want to teach it but when Sister Cailing asked me what we should teach it just came out! As if I didn't even say it. We started the lesson and I started to tell her what we cannot put into our bodies. We use an acronym. SAKIT. (It means sick in english)
S-sigarilyo (Cigarettes)
A-alak (alcohol)
K-kape (Coffee)
I- Illigal na droga (Illegal drugs)
T-tsaa (Tea)
After explaining that to her I asked if she had any questions or concerns. All of my investigators have had a problem with the Word of Wisdom, the most common being Coffee. I went through again starting from S and when I said Illegal drugs she just started to cry. I couldn't hold back the tears either. This investigator is so close to us and it just broke my heart. She told us we are the only people that know but that it's been a month now since she's done it. She also said they don't come around much now ever since they have been seeing us there. After that appointment I've been constantly thinking about her and my personal study this morning lead me to Mark where it talks about Jesus Christ healing a woman with a fever, casting out bad spirits, and healing the leper. As I read these stories I knew that we can all use the Saviors healing power through His Atonement in our lives now. There is no certain time. The Atonement applies to everyone and it is amazing for me to see the power of the Atonement work in my life, the life of those I teach, and even in the lives of my family and friends. The Atonement is a beautiful gift. It is my hope and prayer we don't forget that Jesus Christ knows who we are and what we feel. He can and will heal us.

I hope all is well back at home! I love you all! You are constantly in my prayers! I opened my email to find that Jemily (My recent convert from Carigara) emailed me and she is doing amazing! I am so proud of her for being an amazing member of the church and doing all she can to learn more and stay strong :)

I love you all!

Love,
Sister Wilde

 PS HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARTER!!! You are the best and I can't believe you are 15! You can drive!! Time flies, and I can't believe how grown up you are. I love you and hope you keep on being the amazing kid that you are. I love you!!!

We can't wait to hear our families voices and see their beautiful faces :) :)
My companion and our favorite treat! Well my favorite treat :) I will make sure to bring some home so you can give them a try!!
LOVE these sisters!!
My companion :)
Sister Lunar!
Sister Neemia!

Exchanges with Sister Malu :)
You all know the EFY song "Give me mountains to climb, give me rivers to cross..." That is my area!!


Nanay Ningning 61 years old but climbing trees to give us papaya :)

No comments:

Post a Comment