Sunday, November 16, 2014

Miracles Happen....AND my pictures were recovered!

This week rocked. I'll tell you all about it :)

Monday: We had FHE with the Sarmientos and it was great as always! I just love them! They asked me if their picture was in America and I told them of course and they got all excited. So funny!

Tuesday: We had exchanges and I LEAD THE AREA. Ah! I was so scared!! I was going to take Sister Rodrigo around our area and everything. And I did it! I didn't get lost! Miracles happen! I prayed so much that I would be able to remember my way around our area so that we could get to our appointments, and my prayers were answered. Sister Rodrigo was awesome too so that was really fun.

Wednesday: I had my first Zone Training meeting. It was really good! I loved seeing everyone in our zone, especially the ones in my batch :) I got called up to do a memorized scripture...so it was a good thing that the night before I memorized one in Doctrine and Covenants. And Sister Skey got called up to give her Testimony. It was really good. She started to talk about being a trainer and how hard it is (so I was a little nervous about what was to come next) and as she continued she started to cry and said that I was so nervous to lead the area yesterday but that she is so proud of me. It was so sweet. Everyone in the zone thinks we are the best companionship. We don't deny it ;)

Thursday: We had 10 OYMs! OYM is Open Your Mouth! It's talking to random people and leaving a short message and/or inviting them to church. Sister Skey and I really wanted to improve on this so 10 was so good for us and we were so happy!

Friday: We had 4 lessons and 20 OYM’s. What?! That is the life I'm telling all of you! So awesome! We were on a roll! And we got 2 new investigators out of it! We were so excited! Heavenly Father has helped us so much this week as we've been going out of our comfort zone because I'm not good with the language quite yet, and Sister Skey is shy, but we've made an effort and Heavenly Father has blessed us. Kind of a funny story: We went to teach one of our investigators Lycah, and the lesson plan was the Law of Chastity. Sister Skey was really nervous for this and I told her it'll be fine. So we sit down talk, have an opening hymn and prayer and Sister Skey pulls out the Word of Wisdom pamphlet and starts teaching the Word of Wisdom. Hahaha I just went with it and after we left she looked at me and said, "I was too nervous to do it Sister Wilde! Next time I promise! At least she'll keep the word of wisdom." I love her!

Saturday: We had 3 lessons and another 20 OYM’s! So that was so awesome! Just another great day in the mission :)

Sunday: We had 3 investigators and 2 Less Actives at church! Yes! The best Sunday for us yet! We also have 3 investigators with baptismal dates on December 13th we are so excited :) If things continue going well and they continue to progress it'll be Sister Skeys first baptism(s) in the mission field as well as mine :) I love being a missionary!! I know I say that often but I couldn't say it enough! I'm so blessed!

Love you all,
Sister Wilde

Another miracle, my pictures were recovered!!! So here I am!


The glow in the dark sunglasses were AWESOME!! Haha

Celebrating Loriel's Birthday!!




FHE with Sister Salvacion! (This is last week) We had her family, some ward missionaries, and the 2nd counselor in the bishopric there! He's the one on the far left in the orange shirt.

Rick (who leaves on his mission in Janurary) baptized all 3 of them.

Loriel's baptism!

We had too much fun being companions!

The Philippinas and the Americana!

This is Beverly! She's in a different ward, but we have become friends, and she's hilarious!

I love our ward missionaries!

Brother Index (1st counselor in the bishopric. He rocks!) Then Rick and Pablo. They both have mission calls! Pablo is going to Australia, so he teaches me Waray Waray, and I teach him English. He's good. And Rick is going to another place in the Philippines. I don't remember the name, but it's actually where Sister Rodrigo is from.

When I was companions with Sister Rodrigo

Celebrating Sister Anderson's 25th Birthday!
Catarman Zone!


Sister De Leon is so tiny! I love her to death!

My batch that's in my zone! I can't wait to see the rest in January!
I love how exotic it is here!

Giant Banana leaf!

No comments:

Post a Comment