Sunday, November 23, 2014

I am Thankful for...

Hello Family!

Sadly, I didn't even remember it was Thanksgiving this week! But even though they don’t celebrate it here, I wanted to name a few things I'm thankful for :)

-For my family of course! I'm so thankful for the love and support I receive, and I really can feel all of your love while here in the Philippines!

-For the Aspen 11th ward! I'm thankful for all of the leaders that I had growing up that helped me grow in the gospel!

-My current ward, the Catarman 1st ward! They are amazing people! They have welcomed me with open arms, and are patient with my poor waray waray.

-My sweet companion Sister Skey! She has taught me so much, and we have so much fun together! I'm blessed to have her as my trainer!

-The people in Catarman! I love them with all my heart. They are so kind and giving. Even though they don't have much, they are always wanting to feed Sister Skey and I, or give us something nice that they have. It brings tears to my eyes to think of how blessed we are back at home!

-I'm thankful for all of the tender mercies I've received here on my mission. Heavenly Father has helped me so much and I'm just so thankful.

-I'm thankful for Jesus Christ. For the perfect example He is, and for the sacrifice He made for us all. Because of His sacrifice, we all have the opportunity to repent everyday and become better people.
This week was a little bit hard because I was sick for 2 days :( It's no fun being sick in general, but on a mission it's the worst! It's no fun having to sit inside and rest knowing there are people you could be teaching!

Sister Skey and I were still able to have 12 lessons this week which is good! One of our lessons this week was the Law of Chastity with our Investigator Sister Lycah! She was really receptive and understood. At the closing of our lesson she prayed that someday her and her husband may be married and sealed in the temple. It really made our day! :) We've been really focusing on our investigator Gina and her 4 kids. (1 girl and 3 boys) The oldest is 14 and the youngest is 9. They are planning on being baptized December 13th, and we couldn't be happier :) We are having FHE with them tonight and it will be great! Gina also reads the Book of Mormon like crazy!! It's the best! She always has questions, and the spirit is always so strong as we read the Book of Mormon with her and help her understand it better. I gave her some of my scripture markers, and she loves them because she can now mark her favorite scriptures :) Sister Skey and I also bought 2 skirts so that her and her daughter have a skirt to wear to church :)

We also went to teach out investigator Daisy who is also planning to be baptized December 13th. There is a guy that works for them who isn't a member. He isn't interested at all, but really likes us. So he opens the gate to let us in and of course our feet were muddy because it had be raining like crazy, and that results in walking through mud and water up to our ankles. We ask him if we can use their water pump before we go inside, because they have a nice home, and he says of course and takes us to the pump and starts to wash my feet. Yes, wash my feet. Hahaha. I started to laugh and so did Sister Skey. Then thinking he'd wash her feet next, but he didn't. Sad day. We joke now that it's unfair she didn't get her feet washed.

 Also, this week Sister Skey was saying it was hard for her to read her scriptures so I made her go to an eye doctor, and it turns out she needed glasses! We picked some out and they are adorable! She also thinks that mint oreos taste like toothpaste! Yes- I got the greenie package and LOVED it!! Thank you so much!! I love having a companion that has never had fruit snacks, oreos, or club crackers :) So fun!

I hope you all have a great week! Sending my love from the Philippines :)

Love,
Sister Wilde


PS We had 8 investigators at church on Sunday!!! AMAZING!

My lunch that Sister Anderson made me while I was sick.

She also made me some chocolate rice! It looks so gross! But it was good! She taught me how to make it that night since I was feeling a little better from staying in.
Here we are! Me and Sister Anderson with our chocolate rice.

Eating our chocolate rice! Beverly and Evermaee are sisters, and they aren't in our ward, but they are in Sister Anderson and Sister Groshe's ward. We have become close friends :) Don't mind how gross I look, sakit ak.
Best Day Ever! I had just walked in the door, and I am all sweaty and tired from working, and Sister Anderson was too excited so she grabs my camera out of my bag and takes a picture. She is hilarious!

So excited about my first packages!!

Right after Sister Skey got glasses!

Riding home in a petty cab! And this is us everyday. The struggle is real! I always say, "Pasensya, Dako ako." (sorry I'm big) to the petty cab drivers! They laugh and love driving us. We don't even have to tell them where to go because they know where the Mormon church is!

A recent convert Alfie always drives us home in his petty cab at the end of the day!

Gelaine and Meresol. They are in my ward.

I love these girls!

My amazing kaupod and I!

No comments:

Post a Comment