Sunday, May 3, 2015

This week was....

Hello Family,

This week was full of hard work, patience, love, miracles, humility, diligence, and sweat.

It was walking through the hot sun with sweat dripping down our faces and the heat of the ground piercing through our rubber shoes.

It was hearing familiar voices yell "Sister Wilde!" to turn around and see the 6 cute girls Sister Pui and I had talked to and given Restoration pamphlets.

It was having a family home evening at the Quebec girl’s home whose Mom passed away in 2010 and their Dad in 2011. It was learning from them how to make Chicken Adobo (My favorite Filipino food) and laughing because they realized I wasn't lying when I said I don't know how to cook. It was the victory high fives that followed because it turned out to be a success. It was then sharing a message with them and singing "As Sisters in Zion" and feeling the spirit so strongly and the love that Heavenly Father has for these girls who go to church every Sunday, (despite their grandfather whom they live with, a devoted Catholic who highly disapproves) have daily scripture study, and prayer together every morning and night.

It was working with the Relief Society President and finding a new Investigator Family who are honest seekers for truth. It was also finding Less Active families and helping them remember the happiness this Gospel brings them. It was meeting a Less Active father who can't believe I'm 19 years old and would leave my family to come to the Philippines to be a missionary. It was then telling him it is because I know our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day saints, is the only true church upon the earth and that I want people to experience the joy and happiness the gospel brings.

It was visiting our investigator, Rhodora, and inviting her husband to join for what seemed like the 100th time and being overcome with joy when he accepted the invitation. It was being even happier when he asked at the end of the lesson when we could come back.

It was the glow in Asters face after she passed her baptismal interview and the embrace that followed that made our day.

It was working with a Relief Society Member, Sister Delo-santos, and laughing until our stomachs hurt because she is probably the funniest person we have ever met. It was then crying with her as she shared her powerful testimony and her conversion story to our investigators.

It was letting out an excited squeal when I read a text from the Elders saying, "Sister Wilde, can we ask what is in all of your packages?" It was then opening them and not only seeing, but feeling the love and effort that was put into them. It was eating some chocolate that seems to be heaven sent and seeing not only a box of Girl Scout thin mints, but Samoas and realizing it can only mean one thing, I'm the favorite child ;) It was reading the hand written messages in a cute card from your family that brought the biggest smile to my face and gave me an extra push to keep working hard.

It was visiting the cutest old couple in our ward and finding out brother had his eye surgery. It was then praying, hoping and waiting that his sight would return. It was seeing them on Sunday and having Brother say to me, "Sister Wilde. I'm so happy I can now see your beautiful face."

It was hearing the testimonies of Recent Converts on Sunday that bring so much happiness into our hearts.

It was more victory high fives with Santas children as they can name all of the 10 commandments. It was then the candy that followed that made their day.

It was realizing then, and knowing now, that all of the great things that came about and were accomplished weren't because of us, but because Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ were, and will be, with us every step of the way. Alma 26:12 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

It is my hope and prayer that we trust Him, do our part, and praise His name forever.

Love,
Sister Wilde
The Quebec girls
A basket of puppies!
Sister Sheryll has baby chicks!
I love Sister Sheryll's two cute girls!

I love my area!
Packages!!! :)


We had fun with these this morning :)

I didn't get to send this one last week. Here are all of us missionaries :)

No comments:

Post a Comment