Sunday, June 28, 2015

Ups and Downs

This week was like a roller coaster! The beginning of this last week started out a bit rough as we kept getting punted or running into problems with our Less Actives, Recent Converts, Investigator, and some members! We had so many things happening at once and so many people needed our help I started to get really stressed. By really stressed I mean REALLY stressed. I then felt that I needed to just stop and say a prayer. As I prayed I could feel Heavenly Father comforting me and he was able to guide Sister Dumale and I through this last week to do the things that He needed us to do.

One thing that happened this week there was a fire at Sister Aster’s house. It didn't burn down the whole house but it burned half. We had just taught them that night and about an hour later their house caught on fire. The fire department was able to get it out and they didn't lose many things. We are so thankful no one was inside and that they didn't lose a lot. We are planning a CSP within the next few weeks to help them out :) Sister Aster has now been a member for a little over a month and we have been teaching her 2 daughters (9 and 10) and they are active in Primary and want to be baptized so bad! They are so sweet and as we have been teaching them their older Brother, Jomar, has been curious and so we are now teaching him! He is 12 and is wanting to be baptized on the same day as his sisters. Even the 2 littlest boys (ages 7 and 4) sit in on the lessons and can't wait until they are 8 :) We have been talking with her husband and he is always nice to us but is shy to go to church and be taught. (that is what he always tells us) Well ever since Aster was baptized and the kids have been listening he has softened up and the kids always want him to sit in which is great! We always encourage them to invite him! Well he unfortunately didn't sit in but at church the next day (I totally pulled a Brooke and bribed them with Candy to be reverent ALL of sacrament meeting.) HE CAME! Yes. HE CAME and attended ALL 3 hours!! Everyone was so kind to him and seeing the smile on his face when his little boy gave him a late Father’s Day card that he made in primary was priceless! I asked him if he would come again next week and he said, "Syempre!" Which means "Of course!" We hope to teach him this week :)

We also had the baptism of Jushrei and Ruffa Mae this week! We are SO proud of them!! They gave such sweet testimonies and they both said they feel so happy and new. I couldn't have said it any better. I asked Sister Dumale how her first Baptism was and she said, "I love seeing them go into the water and then seeing the smile on their faces when they come out of the water. It's an amazing feeling." Again, I couldn't have said it any better. 

We taught Jemily last night and we also committed her to baptism! Her baptism date is August 8th! She has so many questions (which we LOVE) and members are always with us in her lesson which is great. Of course it is our job as missionaries to help them and answer their questions but it's always great to hear from members and have them give personal experiences.

Also, Jeralyn had her baby!! Yay! It's a GIRL! And she is ADORABLE! We taught Sister Aster Saturday night and she then told us that Jeralyn had gone to the hospital earlier in the afternoon to have her baby! (She is 6 days overdue at this point) We taught her family then went with Sister Aster to the hospital! We saw her husband Leonardo outside and he said she just gave birth but he still had not seen her yet and didn't know if it was a boy or girl! So we all found out together which was kinda funny but Leonardo was so happy and now they have 3 girls and one boy. I can't tell you her name yet because they hadn't decided! So next week you will all know :) Mom and baby are doing great and she is TINY. Even though she's 6 days overdue she is so little but is healthy :)

Even though this week was hard, it was full of rewards and I'm so thankful for Heavenly Father for helping us every step of the way. I am also thankful for my sweet companion who is so positive and hardworking. I am also thankful for all of you! I can feel your love and prayers for me every day and words cannot express how thankful I am. You are all in my prayers too. I hope you all have a great week! I know how hard life can be sometimes but always remember to turn to our Heavenly Father and do your part and be positive :) Love you all!

Love,
Sister Wilde


Baptism of Jushrei and Ruffa Mae!

#selfies
Elder Purcell baptized them! He is heading home this week!
#selfie

Could they be any cuter?!?! Probably not.


Jushrei and his buddy he brought to church!He is wearing the neck tie we gave him :) (THANKS MOM)
The Aguilay family at church :)

I love my stolen picture of Sister Aurora and Sister Villamore! THEY ARE ADORABLE. I love this ward and the people in it!!
Yes, Elder Means drove us home in this petty cab. Was he sweating a lot? YES! I'll tell you what it is hard!
Eating our favorite snack! Saging (banana) in sugar! Marasa hinduro! (very delicious)
Our picture after we were punted for the 3rd time. Still trying to be postive :) We didn't know there was a man behind waiting for us to move.
Quality time with my anak.
Haha I love her hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment