Sunday, August 16, 2015

Life in the MRC

Hello Family!

This week has been a very different week because I am here at the Missionary Recovery Center in Manila! On Tuesday I had my first appointment along with Elder Camiling. My Doctor is Dr. Coxing (I know that is NOT how you spell it but it is how you say it) and he is so nice! He suggested that I get an MRI to make sure I don't have a torn muscle. We were scheduled to have MRI's on Thursday and Elder K told me 12:00 on Thursday so I am thinking noon but no, midnight. Haha Elder K laughed when I thought it was at noon.  So I had my MRI and I won't go into it but let’s just say I hated it. It is the loudest thing and the music didn't work. Elder K got my results the next day and it was good news as I do not have a torn muscle! I just have really bad deep bruising and bleeding, so I will have to undergo Physical Therapy. The Doctor also recommended I have a splint so not quite a cast to help my muscle. He had to move my foot in the right position to put my splint on and it HURT. But Elder K was there the whole time and he is seriously my Hero. If it wasn't for him, I probably would have struggled at the doctor appointments and more. Elder and Sister K are AMAZING. Elder K reminds me of Dad and Poppy in different ways. And Sister K...the best way to describe her is she’s an angel. I am not even kidding. She is the sweetest person I have ever met in my life. I have been with Elder K more as he is the one that takes us back and forth to the hospital and we just laugh because he is hilarious and he doesn't even try to be. We got home Thursday from our MRI's around 2:30am and that drive home is unforgettable. They have blessed my life SO MUCH since I have been here in the MRC. Now I want to tell you all a little bit about my MRC family :)

You all know about Elder Camiling and Elder and Sister K...

Sister Jenkins- She is from Idaho but is serving in the Urdenetta mission and she is hilarious. We are companions here and we have gotten along great :)

Elder Paraggua- He is serving in the Olongapo mission and it is actually his 2nd time here at the MRC but he has an amazing singing voice and is hilarious also.

Elder Bautista- So this Elder is pretty much one of my heroes as he has a kidney problem and has been here for 2 months. He has a twin brother who is serving in the Philippines also and he will be donating a kidney soon for Elder Bautista :)

Divine- SHE IS THE CUTEST AND BEST COOK OF MY LIFE. She told me she was a little nervous around Jackie at first because of her accent but she sure loves the Hadlock’s and calls me Sister Hadlock sometimes and we always speak in Tagalog, Waray-Waray, Cebuano, and English. Love her!!

Melvin- He is the janitor here and is from Tacloban. I actually met him when I was here a year ago for 5 days and he loves that I can sit and speak Waray Waray with him. He always keeps us laughing and we always tell him to try out for the voice because he rocks at singing.

Sister Dahildahil and Sister Venzuela- They have thyroid cancer and just had radiation done so they have to be in their room for one week but we have been able to talk to them a few times as long as we are more than 3 feet away and they are so strong and the cutest girls.

And that is my MRC family! I am so happy and blessed that I don't have a torn muscle and that I will be able to get back to Tacloban soon. I am so thankful for the people that I have met here and I will forever cherish the friendships I have made here.

I can't wait to get to work in Tacloban and speak Cebuano!! Elder Bautista has been helping me as I've been teaching him waray waray. It really is a different language and not many people know it. At the doctors they were all speaking Tagalog to me and I can understand, just not all of it and I was praying to be able to communicate well with them when one nurse asked me where I am serving and I said Tacloban and she said, "Well I am from Catarman" and we just started to speak waray waray and the other nurses really had no idea what we were talking about. It was a blessing for sure! And another tender mercy was yesterday at church I was sitting in gospel principles when someone outside the door was waving at me and I recognized him but thought I was just jinxing myself since he looked like the 1st counselor in the bishopric in Catarman where I served but it really was him and it was so good to talk to him as he was visiting family in Manila and he laughed as I was speaking waray waray-H and he was speaking waray waray-S but when I realized I changed to the S and it started to come back to me a little bit but he said Catarman missed me and that he will send them my love. What a blessing! I may or may not have cried a little bit.

I love you all and the next time I email I will be in Tacloban :) Thank you for all of the prayers on my behalf! I can really feel it.

Love,
Sister Wilde

My cute companion here at the MRC and one of my new life long friends Sister Jenkins!! :) She is serving in the Urdenetta mission!

My life right now. I am only in a wheelchair when we go to the hospital so I am really good at crutches. (That doesn't mean I like it.)
Welcome to the MRC
I am having culture shock here in Manila but LOVING it ;)

The first counselor in my bishopric in Catarman! Brother Magalang!
Reading my letter from Sister Malu and the awesome B.R. page my anak made me! I miss them!

1 comment: