Sunday, August 2, 2015

Just call me klutzy!

Hello Family,

Before I start into this week, let me just tell you all that I look so weird laughing my head off in tears watching the videos of my family in those giant sports balls. Literally hilarious. I need to try those when I get home! Keep being awesome family :)

I have learned many things here on my mission and I know I still have so much to learn. One thing I learned right from the beginning of my mission is that Heavenly Father knows what is best for us and He has a perfect plan for each and every one of us. He also gives us trials that He knows we can handle and that will make us better people. He also works in mysterious ways to help comfort and bless us.

This week on Thursday I finished my personal study and knelt to pray. As I finished my prayer I stood up and my leg hit under our closet door really hard. I like to say I saved a crying child in the middle of the street from getting hit by a petty cab but no, just a classic Sister Wilde move right there. I didn't think much of it until once the feeling in my leg came back, it hurt really bad. I just limped through the house then when we were going to go to our appointment we realized my shoe did not fit me. My foot was huge! We went to the hospital and the doctor was well...interesting so we had to wait to travel to Tacloban on Friday. The doctor in Tacloban told me that I have a muscle contusion and that I will be down for 3 weeks. I think I scared him when my natural response was "What?!" but Sister Dumale reassured him that she would make me rest and help me get better.

While sitting on the bus ride home, holding my crutch, feeling discouraged and frustrated the lady next to me offered me some peanuts. I said, "Oh okay lang sister. Dire ako gutom. Pero salamat!" (It's okay sister, I'm not hungry, but thank you!) And she said, "well geez don't be shy!" (No need to translate because she said it in perfect English!) As our conversation carried on I found out she was a retired nurse from Connecticut but is now back in the Philippines with her family as her husband who was an American Marine died this last January. We talked about religion and family and the differences from here and in America. She was the sweetest person and just made me laugh! (a lot! she is a hoot!) As she got off the bus and we drove away tears came to my eyes as I then knew who she reminded me of, Julie Kruitmoes. Heavenly Father really is aware of every single one of us and works in mysterious ways to help and uplift us.

We then had the baptism of Jemily Fami on Saturday and she looked beautiful! After she was baptized and she changed back into her clothes, she looked at me and back at herself in the mirror and tears then swelled in her eyes and she just hugged me. She then bore powerful testimony of the Restoration of the Gospel and I couldn't hold back the tears. She is truly an amazing girl and will bless so many lives when she serves as a full time missionary.

This week will be my last week here in Carigara as I have been here for 6 months! I love the people here and love that they have put up with me for so long! They are the sweetest people on earth. I love you all and hope you have a great week! Don't forget to look for the good in everything :)

Love,
Sister Wilde

Jemily's Baptism!! :)

I love Nanay Adolfa and Nanay Au!
Tatay Orsal reading his Book of Mormon. I had to sneak a picture!
Our Law of Chastity lesson in Gospel Principles was good. The Elders love the chalkboard.
And we have a schedule who will "babysit" me and who will work with Sister Dumale!

No comments:

Post a Comment