Sunday, October 4, 2015

So many good things!

Hello Family!

I hope you all had a great experience during General Conference. I can't wait to watch it this weekend! I did however get to watch the General Women’s session and it was awesome!! The spirit was so strong and I couldn't hold back the tears a few times, especially in those videos!

I also got an awesome surprise this week when the STL's came home from Tacloban with packages for me! I was so not expecting any and it was like Christmas morning! ;) Carter family-THANK YOU! Mom, Dad, and the boys- THANK YOU! Grandma Worthington-THANK YOU! Granny and Poppy-THANK YOU! Grandma and Grandpa Wilde-THANK YOU! YOU ARE ALL SO SWEET AND I LOVE EVERYTHING :)

So church yesterday was AWESOME! The Gonzales family came!! And what made it even better was that everyone is the ward was so sweet and welcoming to them. They did not recognize them so they went up to them and welcomed them which we really think makes all the difference. I hope they come again next week and that we can continue to help them grow in the gospel!

MaryAnn also came to church yesterday! Sadly, her husband couldn't come due to work but he is determined to come next week! She is still so amazing! She is already to 2 Nephi in the Book of Mormon and has started a study journal! We had told her that we study the Book of Mormon everyday too and that we write down things we learn or impressions we receive from the Spirit and when we went to her house the next day she showed us a brand new notebook, the pages filled with scriptures and the things she learned from them. She keeps all of the commitments we extend to her and she is just GOLDEN. After church yesterday she said to me, "Sister Wilde I will never forget you. You have changed my life. You have helped me to know the truth. And now my family and I know the right things we must do. I will never forget you." She had tears in her eyes. And with tears in my eyes I said to her, "MaryAnn, I will never forget you either. I know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you and are happy with the decisions that you are making. I am an instrument in His hands, it is through Him and His gospel that you will know the things you need to do. Keep going Sister, I know you can do it. I will never forget you." The spirit was present and I look forward to her baptism the end of this month. We taught Temples last night and once she is a member for a year they really want to go to the Temple. I can not wait until that day arrives for them too :)

We taught Henry yesterday who is also an investigator and he sadly didn't come to church but when we taught him I asked if he had read the Book of Mormon he answered yes. A little unsure I asked, "What did you read about?" He then continued to go on about Joseph Smith translating the gold plates and how the Book of Mormon contains writings from prophets and then concluded saying, "The Book of Mormon really is the word of God. It's true." He read the introduction and Joseph Smith’s Testimony so I can't wait until he starts 1 Nephi :) Now we just need to get him to church!!

The Peregrino family is doing great and I still sure do love them! Their oldest son, Leandro, will be 16 this week so we will be going over to celebrate and also have a Family Home Evening :) Brother Andrew really has a desire to return to church and they are working on going to the Temple :)

I love you all! Have a great week!! Oh, I totally opened the email from Mom about who the new Apostles are. Awesome! I can't wait to see it this Saturday :) I really was going to wait but Sister Rodrigo and Sister Compracion wanted to know so thanks for sending the email Mom :)

Love,
Sister Wilde
My area!
This random little boy has loved hanging out with me since I got here!

Cute Jeanette worked with us this week!
MaryAnn at church :)
She loves tootsie rolls ;) Thank you Grandma Worthington!
Sister Rodrigo during personal study. Haha!
Ew!

No comments:

Post a Comment