Sunday, October 25, 2015

Missionaries + Chocolate Cake = CAKE FIGHT!

Hello Family!

This week. This week has been one of the craziest weeks I have had on my mission!!

I just want to say we didn't have gas to cook for a week so we have been living out of the rice cooker. It is possible my dear family and friends. A rice cooker is amazing and I don't know why we don't have one back at home! (Mom-you might need to look into getting a rice cooker.)

Also, where we live, we have rats. LOTS of them. And it is gross. Sister Rodrigo and I are terrified and can't help but scream. They stand outside of our gate and sometimes we stand there for 5 minutes until they move because the really big ones (I’m talking Gracie size or bigger) are not afraid. EW EW EW.

We had a zone activity last Monday and we ended up playing a bunch of fun games at the chapel and just had a blast being together! We also rode to that cool resort to eat and I happened to leave mine and Sister Rodrigo’s proselyting clothes and shoes on the back of the tricycle. Awesome. Needless to say we no longer have those clothes. We hope and pray someone who needed clothes has them and we hope to see someone wearing our clothes. Haha.

Our district meeting was on Tuesday and we also celebrated the Birthday of Elder Simona. We had two chocolate cakes which were really yummy but when you have two Polynesians in the district who are such jokers something is bound to happen. CAKE FIGHT!!! Yes. A cake fight and they got me SO good. Grabe! I had the most cake on my face and in my hair. Yummy.

We visited Sister Peregrino this last week and she opened up to us about some problems she is having and to be honest, we didn't know what to say. It broke my heart too because I just love her and don't want her to feel the way she does. Well you all remember my poderize scripture this last week. That the Lord knows the thoughts of our hearts? Well while we were sitting there I said a prayer in my heart to know what to say and to also guide Sister Rodrigo to know what to say as well. I then started talking and words just came and Sister Rodrigo was led to a scripture in the Book of Mormon. It was an awesome experience. I loved that my ponderize scripture was a tender reminder to me at that time. Heavenly Father really knows the thoughts of our hearts.

Mary Ann had her baptismal interview this last week and she passed!! Woo hoo! She is so ready and again, I just love her! She has been praying for her parents because she wants to be with them in the next life too and now her Mom wants to listen because of the changes she has seen in Mary Ann! So amazing.

So last night Sister Allen got a call from President Maurer which made us curious because transfers are not for another week! Well, feeling relieved President and Sister Allen talked and then President asked to talk to ME. Well he asked me if I was ready for a change...I said okay. And he said, "Wow. I like how you are so accepting." Um...well yes President! Haha. He then asked me if I was still being a diligent and obedient missionary. I said yes and he quickly said, "I would like you to be a Sister Training Leader." So I am now a Sister Training Leader in Ormoc 1st ward. Sister Compracion will teach me the things I need to know this next week before she goes home, then I will get a new companion. So I have transferred but only to a different room. I'm still in the same house :) I will miss Ormoc 2nd ward SO MUCH. And even though I am totally shocked and NERVOUS, Heavenly Father knows where I need to be.

My ponderize scripture this week is Doctrine and Covenants 12:8 "And no one can assist in this work except he shall be humble and full of love, having faith, hope, and charity, being temperate in all things, whatsoever shall be entrusted to his care."

I love you all, have a great week!

Love,
Sister Wilde
Okay 1..2..3...Elder Fakava puts MORE cake on my face. Really Elder?? But the picture is funny!
Quick picture! Sorry it's a bit blurry!
I got Elder Griffin and he said, 'Out of all people I didn't think you would betray me Sister Wilde." Haha oops!


Me and Elder Griffin.

Jumping picture! Not all of the zone was in it, darn it but it's still cool :)
Andy always hugs my legs when he sees me!! I also love how he says Sister Wilde!
Our neighbor cooked this fish yesterday. Sadly, I didn't get to taste it :(

No comments:

Post a Comment