Sunday, January 10, 2016

Have I mentioned that I LOVE MY MISSION!!

Hello Family!

What a week! We have been busy, busy, busy! But that is nothing new ;) We went to MLC on Tuesday and Wednesday in Tacloban and it was great! It is always fun to go especially when you have batch there ;) I know I'm not the only missionary who is excited to see their batch!! We discussed that there will no longer be a "transfer day". Instead the Zone Leaders will call and say where you will go and who will be your companion then you have to travel there ALONE and meet your companion in your new area! Now that caused a lot of stress! But there are currently 8 Sister Training Leaders here in Tacloban and 6 of us will be going home in March so we only have one more transfer day...so we didn't really worry too much. Haha ;) It was funny because everyone was having a panic attack but we were okay ;)

We had exchanges this week with our Sisters in the Maasin zone! The Maasin zone is over two hours away so they came to Ormoc to work with us and it was great :) My first companion was Sister De Leon who is actually part of my batch coming in to the mission! She is so awesome! She is currently training a new missionary, Sister Domingo, and it is so fun and cute to see new missionaries and how they are doing. It brings back memories of when I was new :) (They are handling it a lot better than I did!) Sister De Leon and I visited tatay Coquillia, (the husband of nanay coquillia who I have sent pictures of) he hasn't been to church in the last year. We felt prompted to teach the Restoration. I love teaching the Restoration to Less Actives because it rekindles the feelings they had when they were baptized and the first vision always brings such a strong spirit. He opened up to us about why he hasn't been attending church and asked why we cared so much, he really directed it toward me, so I told him that when we invite him to church, or share the things we share with him, that's it's not from us, it's from Heavenly Father. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are reaching out to you through us. I then cried as I expressed my love for them and the spirit was just amazing. I LOVE MY MISSION.

The next day my companion was Sister Portin! She is a new missionary and is hilarious! I was constantly laughing! Especially since she's Tagalog speaking and for some reason everything is funnier if it's in Tagalog. She also told me she loves to sing and so I asked her to sing for me and she did with no hesitation! (I love the Filipino people.) It was NOT what I was expecting...it was AMAZING. No wonder she didn't hesitate! (But even those who don't have the best voices don't hesitate. Just sayin' ;)) We taught the cute Montes kids along with their Mom about the temple. After I shared my testimony of the temple and how grateful I am to be sealed to my family, Sister Montes’ little girl said, "I hope my Mom comes to church so she can be my Mom forever." Such sweet, innocent, and tender words that pierced her heart. Those sweet little girls really brought a sweet and tender spirit into our lesson that Sister Portin and I will forever cherish :)

Church on Sunday was great as Sunny and Marita came again! They told us they are making it a permanent thing because they know it's true! They are awesome. They have been receiving many persecutions from neighbors and friends but know they need to keep going because it's just a trial they need to overcome. Tatay Takyo also blessed the sacrament for the first time yesterday! He was so nervous but did great! We also had a broadcast from the area presidency and Elder Ardern talked about Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy, missionary work, Temple Marriage, and Family History. He said the best MTC is in the home preparing to enter into the real MTC. He is so right! So just a quick shout out to my AMAZING parents for helping me get to where I am today! I love you both!!!!

Have a great week everyone! Sending my love!

-Sister Wilde

p.s. Sister Lopez got those DoTerra mints in her Christmas package from a family in Oregon and she gave them to me. So I have been giving them out to the Filipinos because they have no idea it will be so strong once the small ball thing pops and it has brought me so many laughs!! Sounds so mean but I only give them to those who I know can take it. Like the missionaries I'm serving with, my Ward Mission Leader and Bishop. Hahaha!  
 
Lovisa sent me these these pictures that we took on Sunday! She has become one of, if not my closest friend here in Ormoc! Love her!
Elder Cotcher shared some goodies from his package! We baked it in the toaster oven...success :)
Sister Dumale sent me a key chain :)
Cute Sister Portin!
I love Sister Peregrino!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment