Sunday, January 31, 2016

Ormoc for life!

Hello Family!

I guess you are all probably wondering if I was transferred or if I got a new companion, the answer is...I didn't transfer or get a new companion! Sister Lopez and I will finish our missions together here in Ormoc! Crazy!! Sister Lunar did however transfer back to her first area! Haha she has just moved to her 2nd area only to go back to her first! And Sister Stinchfield is the new companion of Sister Culangan. She was Sister Harper’s last companion and so she is so new and it is so much fun! During Stake conference the other day I had to translate for her and it brought back so many memories for me. I remember being in her position and it has just be so much fun to see how she still has a hard time eating so much rice and taking a bucket shower. It is good to have someone so new in the home, it keeps us on our toes ;)

Our work this week was successful as we were able to find 17 new investigators and had people in the ward work with us! They are so awesome! I got to be companions with Nanay Coquillia twice and then on Sunday I was with Sheila, Honey, and Charmaine. I love those sweet girls who really want to serve missions! They will be amazing!

On Saturday we planned to go finding in part of our area when Sister Maurer texted us asking us if she could work with us since they were coming down for Stake Conference and President Maurer would be in the Priesthood Session. So Sister Maurer came finding with us! We were able to teach 2 lessons and find 3 new investigators! Sister Maurer asked me to be her translator and it was the best. I love her and it was a great experience to have her work with us and her powerful testimony brought such a great spirit.

We have a new investigator family, Mae and Ryan. They have 2 little kids and they are MARRIED. That is seriously so rare here I promise so we could not be more excited!! They are also so prepared to hear and accept the gospel! They love that their family can be together forever and it was so powerful when my 3 cute companions shared their testimonies of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I have so much faith and hope for this family!!

Sunny and Marita are still amazing and haven't missed a Sunday for the past 7 weeks :) We are just working on the marriage process which is crazy here and we know we won't be here for their baptism but as long as they are baptized that is what matters and we just love them!

We have MLC tomorrow and Wednesday so I am looking forward to that! It really will be my last one :( Time is going by fast and it needs to slow down! I find that I get emotional every time someone talks to me about going home! But words can't express how much I love all of you and how grateful I am for your love and support for me! I plan to make these last 5 weeks the best!

Love,
Sister Wilde

Quick selfie with Sister Maurer!! I love her!
My companions with Diosella the photo bomber! :)
Some of my favorite people!!
Working with Nanay :)
We went to Jollibee this morning and I have an admirer! ;) There is a quote on the back but anyway it just made my day. It also means I have been in Ormoc way too long because everyone knows me and talks to me like we are lifelong friends! I really feel like this is my home and that I don't stand out!
 Me and Sister Stinchfield. Elder Child photo bombed us!
We celebrated Ahmon's birthday! He is one of our bishop's sons. Who doesn't want a cute little lechon pig for their birthday?! The best!

No comments:

Post a Comment